bypass any tests involving perl, awk, shell print, etc.

From: Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn
Subject: bypass any tests involving perl, awk, shell print, etc.
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 22:06:55 +0100 (CET)

Although I found some useful info in this thread:

  http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/tramp-devel/2002-07/msg00116.html

I failed to find a recipe on how to configure tramp to bypass certain
autodetection code snippets, like the ones in the subject.

My problem is that the target host is a really 'bare bones' with nothing
fancy as perl, awk (and the like) installed. So I wonder how do I go about
nuking all those auto-tests which involve fancy stuff like:

,----
| tramp_file_attributes () {
| $d/perl5; break; fi; done <<'EOF' -e '($f, $n) = @ARGV;
| Syntax error: "fi" unexpected (expecting "}")
`----

I'm speculating I would have to remove some of the 'tramp-methods' from
the list. Would that do the trick? How would I go about it?

Cheers,
Cristian