Re: FW: tramp (2.1.1); tramp hangs on 'Setting shell prompt'

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: FW: tramp (2.1.1); tramp hangs on 'Setting shell prompt'
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 22:34:40 +0200

"Kowalik, Yarek" <address@hidden> writes:

> I hope this is a right place to send an email for help.  I seem to
> be having some problems with tramp, and I believe it is related to
> the 'concat' command: an extra carriage return that's silently added
> at the end of several command constructs is preventing tramp to work
> properly in my environment (emacs started from within cygwin's zsh).

I think that the CR comes from tramp-rsh-end-of-line; does it help to
set that to just "\n"?

If that wasn't it, then perhaps could I ask you to submit a Tramp bug
report?  That will include heaps of information that's often useful.
Also it tells you what kind of information to include in the bug
report.

Use M-x tramp-bug RET to submit a Tramp bug report.

Kai