Re: add tramp to site-init.el

From: Paul Lew
Subject: Re: add tramp to site-init.el
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:02:40 -0800

>>>>> "Kai" == Kai =?iso-8859-15?Q?Gro=DFjohann?= <address@hidden> writes:

    Paul>> Yes. Both exists, in fact all the tramp .el and .elc files
    Paul>> are in that directory.  I have tried add various
    Paul>> directories in the load path but each resulted in another
    Paul>> error.

    Kai> Are you really really REALLY sure that the directory is in
    Kai> load-path AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME?

    Kai> Perhaps you could add (message "Load-path is: %s" load-path)
    Kai> to site-init.el just prior to loading Tramp.

I am attaching the build log below, maybe you can see if I missed
anything?

    Paul>> I have a feeling that this is another not-yet-revealed
    Paul>> problem with emacs when prefix is set differently than
    Paul>> /usr/local/bin.  In our organization, the /usr/local is not
    Paul>> user accssible so I can not verify this.  Maybe someone can
    Paul>> help?

    Kai> I've used Emacs with prefixes of /home/jrl/sw/emacs,
    Kai> /sw/emacs, /sw/stow/emacs, /usr/kai/emacs,
    Kai> /app/ourgroup/emacs/21.3, /prod/emacs/21.3, /usr, and some
    Kai> others, and never did I have any problems with those
    Kai> prefixes.

Just to make sure we are in sync - I have no problem using tramp
with a pre-built emacs.  I am having problems trying to add tramp
to be part of the emacs startup image.