Re: add tramp to site-init.el

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: add tramp to site-init.el
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:58:01 +0200

Paul Lew <address@hidden> writes:

> I am attaching the build log below, maybe you can see if I missed
> anything?
>
>     Paul>> I have a feeling that this is another not-yet-revealed
>     Paul>> problem with emacs when prefix is set differently than
>     Paul>> /usr/local/bin.  In our organization, the /usr/local is not
>     Paul>> user accssible so I can not verify this.  Maybe someone can
>     Paul>> help?
>
>     Kai> I've used Emacs with prefixes of /home/jrl/sw/emacs,
>     Kai> /sw/emacs, /sw/stow/emacs, /usr/kai/emacs,
>     Kai> /app/ourgroup/emacs/21.3, /prod/emacs/21.3, /usr, and some
>     Kai> others, and never did I have any problems with those
>     Kai> prefixes.
>
> Just to make sure we are in sync - I have no problem using tramp
> with a pre-built emacs.  I am having problems trying to add tramp
> to be part of the emacs startup image.

Sorry, I hve been off for a while ...

The build log looks different from your initial report. There you have
quoted:

| Cannot open load file: trampver

Now, the  trampver problem seems to be over, because there is another
error:

| Cannot open load file:
/auto/insbu-cnstools/build/emacs-21.4/lib-src/fns-21.4.1.el

Did you change something? Are you sure, the last report is still
related to Tramp? As Kai wrote, fns-21.4.1.el is related to
autoloading; it should list autoloaded functions per package. Maybe
you need to perform something like 'make bootstrap', or so.