Re: spam filter on gnu.org

From: Ted Stern
Subject: Re: spam filter on gnu.org
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 13:44:31 -0700

On  7 May 2005 at 20:49 UTC-0700, Tim Connors wrote:
> I don't suppose there is any chance of getting spam filtered from
> gnu.org's mailing lists or just tramp-devel, or at least flagged as
> probable spam?
>
> For those of us who subscribe to tramp-devel from work, where work
> haven't bothered, and are unlikely to bother putting a reliable spam
> filter of their own, we are getting about 20 spams for every peice
> of legitimate mail regarding tramp.
>
> This equally affects the archive.

See http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.tramp for alternative methods of
reading the list.

I use nntp + a newsreader that allows me to avoid reading any messages
that are cross-posted to gmane.spam.detected.

This catches most of the irritating ones and my newsreader also has a
semi-automatic method for reporting a message as spam if it isn't
caught.

Ted
--
 Ted Stern                                 Applications Group
 Cray Inc.                               office: 206-701-2182

 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break so that I may reveal
 (The Paleontological Society motto, equally apropos for debugging)