Re: ssh auto completion

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: ssh auto completion
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 09:22:09 +0200

Rakotomandimby Mihamina <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,

> I have a hell habit to use file completion (TAB) when opening a file.
> When using tramp to open a remote file over 'ssh', file completion asks
> me for the remote pasword, then hangs, then display the message above.
>
> So... how could I manage it? Is there a problem with ange-ftp?

Not related to ange-frp AFAICS.

Are you able to open "/ssh:address@hidden:/" without problems?

Anyway, for analysis I would need more information. Best would be to
call "M-x tramp-submit-bug" when the problem happens again. And please
append both buffers "*tramp/ssh address@hidden" and "*debug
tramp/ssh address@hidden".