Re: tramp (2.0.51); wrong initial input poisens further use...

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.51); wrong initial input poisens further use...
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:54:29 +0100

> Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> writes:
[...]
>> I want to visit a file in `/etc' on `foo.bar.net', by accident I type
>>
>>   C-x C-f /address@hidden/etc/
>>
>> note the missing `:'!  Not surprisingly I get an error:
>> "/address@hidden/etc/: no such directory".  No I try again:
>>
>>   C-x C-f /address@hidden:/etc/
>>
>> Everything works fine this time and I get an dired buffer with the
>> content of `foo.bar.net:/etc/'.
>>
>> But when I try to open a file in the dired buffer, say `fstab' I get
>> _again_ the error: "/address@hidden/etc/: no such directory".
[...]
> Not reproducible here. I even don't get "no such directory".

Strange enough -- I can't reproduce it anymore, neither.  :-/

I had the reported problem several times before posting it, but now it
seems to be fixed (I'm using a daily build of CVS Emacs).  It might be
that the problem wasn't really in tramp it self, but in any related
part of emacs.

cheers (and sorry for the noise)
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                 Intevation GmbH

address@hidden                          address@hidden
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/             http://www.intevation.de/