problems with tramp-default-proxies-alist

From: Albert Vilella
Subject: problems with tramp-default-proxies-alist
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:53:08 +0100

Hi all,

I am trying to get tramp working for my two step connection.

I have to connect to a ssh.dummyname.ac.uk to then have access to a
whatever.internal.dummyname.ac.uk

The strange thing is that I have ssh-agent configured so that I don't
need to do these steps as soon as I have an open session in a console.
It work it I use M-x shell inside the same emacs instance, but it
doesn't with tramp.

I have tried to configure the proxies alist:

(add-to-list 'tramp-default-proxies-alist
             '("\\`whatever\\.internal\\.dummyname\\.ac\\.uk\\'"
               "\\`myuserid\\'"
               "/ssh:ssh.dummyname.ac.uk:"))

But it complains about:

Symbol's value as variable is void: tramp-default-proxies-alist

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

    Albert.