Re: tramp (2.1.7); 2.1.7 - revert-buffer gives "tramp-flush-file-propert

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.7); 2.1.7 - revert-buffer gives "tramp-flush-file-property: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil"
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 07:40:55 +0200

Jonathan Hankins <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael,

Hi Jonathan,

> If I set cl-optimize-speed to 0, and re-compile tramp-cache.el, then restart
> and load the new compiled tramp-cache.elc, and step through the function, it
> behaves similarly to the non-compiled version.  I looked at cl.el and
> cl-macs.el, but I don't know enough to understand how cl-optimize-speed
> affects byte compilation.  I was suspicious of the defstruct macro defined in
> cl-macs.el -- is defstruct used by tramp?

Indeed, `tramp-file-name' is a defstruct. But the problem seems to be
related rather to the fact that I've tried to autoload a macro - that
is nonsense. Silly me!

Please try the appended patch - it did solve the problem here.

> I also noticed a couple of other threads on the devel list that looks like
> they refer to the same problem.

Yes, it's the same problem. And it hasn't been catched so far - thanks
to you for your pertinacity!