Re: file properties cache

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: file properties cache
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:10:02 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Ted.

> Perforce (a VCS) checkout of a file makes it +w; checkin makes it -w.
> Often I'll open a file that's not checked out for a quick look, then
> close it and revisit after it's been checked out on the remote
> system.  The effect is the same as chmod +w or -w FILE.

I've checked the code, and surprisingly it supports you already:
revert-buffer does exactly what you want. Tramp has hooked into
before-revert-hook, removing cached properties of buffer-file-name. So
there is even no need for you to close the buffer, "M-x revert-buffer"
shall be sufficient.

I've managed to forget this completely.

Additionally, you've convinced me to add this functionality to
kill-buffer-hook as well.