[tramp-devel] Trying to debug remote gdb issue

From: Abhijeet More
Subject: [tramp-devel] Trying to debug remote gdb issue
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 18:34:05 -0400

Hi,
I am trying to use remote gdb over tramp and although gdb works fine,
the source buffer is not displayed. (gud-display-line - does not do
anything).
I looked into this and it seems to me that the problem is that the
function 'tramp-handle-file-exists-p' returns nil.
This calls the macro 'with-file-property' which should set the
property file-exists-p to t after fetching testing this on the remote
machine with 'test -e'. But it seems to just go ahead and set this
value without checking remotely (using tramp-set-file-property).
I am using edebug to step through the macro - however I don't quite
understand macros yet.

I'd appreciate any pointers on how this could be resolved.
I'm using emacs-22.1.1 / tramp and tramp-2.1.10 on gentoo. Please let
me know if you need any more info.
Regards
AM