Re: tramp 2.1.11 completion list force refresh

From: Pete Forman
Subject: Re: tramp 2.1.11 completion list force refresh
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:48:16 +0000

At 2007-11-15 12:11 +0100, Michael Albinus wrote:
Pete Forman <address@hidden> writes:
> Would it be possible to check the previous key strokes or function call?
> Two failed completions in a row points to a stale cache.  Pressing tab
> or whatever a second time would refresh the cache.

There are no "failed completions" Tramp could detect today. It simply
uses its cache, and it believes that is OK.

My typical usage is to enter a letter or two and then a completion key.
So I do see a failed completion, there is no match in the cache.

Another case to consider is where a match is found in the cache, but
not the desired file.  Then the sequence would be something like <TAB>
<TAB> [refresh] <UNDO>.

Flushing the cache after hitting a completion key (like <TAB>) several
times is a good approach.

Yes, it quite natural to repeat an operation that has not met
expectations, though usually futile.

--
Pete Forman                -./\.-  Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                  -./\.-   by myself and does not represent