Re: file storage in IMAP (eventually for Tramp) working and needs testin

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: file storage in IMAP (eventually for Tramp) working and needs testing
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 11:42:58 -0600

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:31:14 +0000 James Cloos <address@hidden> wrote:

JC> On namespaces in IMAP, do note that not every imapd uses . (full stop)
JC> as the hierarchy separator character; many use / (virgule).  The LIST
JC> command will show what that server uses.

Right, I did not mention that but knew it :)

JC> Also, some (many?) users will probably not like the idea of turning
JC> INBOX into a parent.  That convention seems to be a uw thing, AFAICT.

We'll definitely have any mailbox be the top parent (not just INBOX),
the question is whether other mailboxes under it will implement a
directory hierarchy, or if the hierarchy will be entirely inside a
single mailbox, or if we won't have directories at all.

Thanks
Ted