Re: tramp (2.0.55); Remote filename completion hangs

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.55); Remote filename completion hangs
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:20:15 +0100

What do you type exactly? "C-x C-f /address@hidden: <TAB>"?

> I've tried using both ftp and ssh as default methods; it
> doesn't seem to make a difference. I do have the modified EmacsW32 ftp.exe
> executable in my emacs\bin directory, which is also in my path; I do NOT
> have cygwin installed.

Which ssh program is used then?

However, I cannot reproduce it here. Starting

 "C:\Program Files\emacs-22.1\bin\runemacs.exe" -Q

I can type "C-x C-f /plink:address@hidden: <TAB>", and I get "[No match]"
(I have no plain ssh). Not exciting, but at least it doesn't hang. The
same happens, when I have evaluated `(setq partial-completion-mode t)'
before.

Could you, please, run this test (starting "emacs -Q")?