Re: tramp (2.1.12); Host name completion not working in XEmacs

From: Pete Forman
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.12); Host name completion not working in XEmacs
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:47:18 +0000

At 2008-02-22 14:52 +0100, Michael Albinus wrote:
What is the value of `tramp-completion-function-alist'? What does the
following form returns?

  (tramp-get-completion-function "plink")

((tramp-parse-connection-properties "plink")
(tramp-parse-shosts "~/.ssh/known_hosts"))

Does it help to call

  (tramp-set-completion-function
   "plink"
   '((tramp-parse-shosts "~/.ssh/known_hosts")))

No.  Problem and value of (tramp-get-completion-function "plink") the same.

Is there a difference in methods "plink" and "plinkx" (you seem to use
both methods)?

I use PuTTY for console connections to remote hosts, Cygwin rsync for bulk transfers, plink for tunnelling VNC and Tramp. So in XEmacs I'm using ~/.ssh/known_hosts for the list of hosts but the keys are actually in Pageant/plink. Separate copies of the keys are in the two systems.

plinkx and plink both exhibit the same problem with session/host completion.

The impression that I get is that XEmacs is not delegating completion responsibility to Tramp until the "]" is entered. Or maybe Tramp is matching on a regexp that does not grok incomplete file specifications.

--
Pete Forman                -./\.-  Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                  -./\.-   by myself and does not represent