Re: smb protocol

From: S
Subject: Re: smb protocol
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 00:05:39 -0600

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:30:49 +0100,
Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

> Seb <address@hidden> writes:
>> Hi,

>> However, trying:

>> C-x C-f /smb:address@hidden:~/

>> Enter myuser's password: Domain=[HISPIDA] OS=[Windows Vista (TM) Home
>> Premium 6001 Service Pack 1] Server=[Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
>> 6.0]

> Try /smb:address@hidden: - you shall see the shares then,
> and you could navigate from there.

> If it doesn't work, an alternative might be
> /smb:address@hidden:

Thanks to those who responded with suggestions.  I realized that I was
not understanding how Windows Vista is showing the file structure in the
network, so after some fiddling today I eventually found the way to
specify this in TRAMP:

/smb:address@hidden:/Users/sluque/

However, I'll certainly use your suggestion to navigate the shares!

Thanks,

--
Seb