Proposition of reviving multi method

From: rubikitch
Subject: Proposition of reviving multi method
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 03:42:14 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

I use tramp 2.0.58-pre which is bundled in Emacs 22.3.
I use multi-hop with multi method but it is removed in the newest version.
I feel VERY INCONVENIENT.

I agree that a remote filename with multi method is very long, but recentf
package remembers them.
Because I almost always open files via recentf (anything-c-source-recentf),
the length of remote filename is not a problem: it is matched by regexp.
Rewriting ~/.recentf to new remote filename syntax by hand is unacceptable for
me.

Will the newest version be in the Emacs 22.4?
If so, many users would feel annoying when opening remote file causes error.

So I STRONGLY propose that the multi method should be revived.
I think compatibility is very important for users.

Cheers,

--
rubikitch
Blog: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/rubikitch/