Re: tramp (2.2.1); Tramp hangs while trying to connect

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.2.1); Tramp hangs while trying to connect
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 09:47:40 +0200

Hi,

> When connecting to a remote host, Tramp hangs, showing the rotating
> progress indicator. However, the process that Tramp is supposed to be
> executing (e.g. sudo or ssh) doesn't exist in the `ps -ef` output.

According to your traces, Tramp is blocked already after applying the local
"/bin/sh" command, not recognising the returned prompt. But the prompt looks OK.

I'm currently on a business trip, not returning before next weekend. This
hinders me a little bit in analyzing.

Could you, please, check whether Tramp works better when starting "emacs -Q"?
And I'ld like also to see the contents of the *tramp/sudo address@hidden
buffer, send as encoded enclosure in your email (I need to check for possible
control characters).