Re: Tramp hanging on connection to remote host.

From: gerald . jean
Subject: Re: Tramp hanging on connection to remote host.
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 10:06:50 -0400

Hello Michael,

thanks for such a quick reply,

Michael Albinus <address@hidden> a écrit sur 2011/06/09 08:30:20 :

> address@hidden writes:
>
> > Hello,
>
> Hi,
>
> > I am connecting to a Linux box (RedHat) from a Windows XP workstation
> > running Emacs 23.3.  In the past I connected through FTP (ange-ftp)
with no
> > problems.  I am now trying to connect using TRAMP with with
default-method
> > set to pscp.  After asking for password TRAMP hangs for ever, until I
hit
> > C-g. Here are my TRAMP relevant settings:
> >
> > (add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list "c:/Emacs/emacs-23.3/info/")
> > (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/tramp/lisp/")
>
> Oops, that's dangerous. Tramp writes persistent data into the file
> "~/.emacs.d/tramp". Please use another directory, or change the value of
> `tramp-persistency-file-name'.

OK, in adding this directory to "load-path" I simply followed something I
found on internet.  Is this directory required?

> > (setq tramp-default-method "pscp")
> > (setq tramp-verbose 10)
> > (require 'tramp)
> >
> > And here is what is printed the *Messages* buffer:
> >
> > Tramp: Opening connection for address@hidden using pscp...
> > Tramp: Sending command `plink -l jeg002  -ssh actul01 && exit || exit'
> > Tramp: Waiting for prompts from remote shell
> > Tramp: Sending password
> > Tramp: Sending command `plink -l jeg002  -ssh actul01 && exit || exit'
> > Tramp: Found remote shell prompt on `actul01'
>
> I suspect there is a prompt problem. Please provide the buffers
> "*tramp/pscp address@hidden" and "*debug tramp/pscp address@hidden".

The *tramp/pscp address@hidden buffer:

stty -inlcr -echo kill '^U' erase '^H'
$ $

The *debug tramp/pscp address@hidden buffer:

I am attaching it as a text file, it is 6000 lines long!!!
For what I understand, TRAMP tried to connect time and again, until I
killed the process.

> > Thanks for any support,
> >
> > Gérald Jean
>
> Best regards, Michael.