hang forever with an invalid tramp filename

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: hang forever with an invalid tramp filename
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 09:11:55 +0100

Hi Michael,
I encountered some issues with tramp while writing `anything' completion
for hostnames:

- tramp hang if i do (find-file "/ssh:toto")
  (notice the last ":" is missing)
  where toto is a valid hostname.
  I think this should return an error and exiting instead of trying to
  connect.
  This is reproductible in emacs -Q with C-x C-f => /ssh:toto RET

- `tramp-parse-connection-properties' should return a list of (user
  host) as described in docstring, however it return sometimes a list of
  (user method), so i have to parse this to remove such entries.
  (not a big deal though, but well..)

--
  Thierry
Get my Gnupg key: