Re: old problem popping up again

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: old problem popping up again
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 15:33:03 +0200

>>>What happens on your NAS, if you suppress the busybox blacklisting in
>>>tramp-sh.el, like this (line numbers might vary):
>>
>> The problem completely disappears as soon I've replaced the lines
>> according to your patch.
>
> Usually, I add a test in Tramp to check such problems. But the report
> back in 2011 has shown, that such a test doesn't fail simply if the
> busybox isn't able to handle the extended shell syntax, but the whole
> connection disappears.
>
> Not such sexy for a silent test in the background.
>
> So we must add a customer option. Will think about.

Well, I've committed a patch to Tramp (and to Emacs), that does not
compute the "busybox" connection property anymore. If you discard the
existing connection properties by `tramp-cleanup-all-connections', this
connection property goes away, and everything shall be fine.

Andres, in your case accessing the n800 you must set this connection
property yourself. There is a new section in the Tramp manual,
"Predefined connection information", which explains how to do.

This is the modest compromise I could think of.