Re: Connect to the ssh and execute any command

From: Andrey Tykhonov
Subject: Re: Connect to the ssh and execute any command
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 22:05:23 +0300

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 08:54:51AM +0200, Michael Albinus wrote:
> Andrey Tykhonov <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Andrey,

Hi Michael!

> >> Tramp does not use FUSE for ssh connections. Please show an example
> >> connection to the remote host, and how it fails.
>
> > Here I try to "ls -la" and get the following error:
> >
> >     Couldn't find a POSIX `id' command
>
> Your remote host does not find a proper "id" command. What happens, if
> you call the following commands in a shell on that remote host:
>
> # id -u

id: Command not found.

> # id --version

id: Command not found.

> # which id

id: Command not found.

> # whereis id

whereis: Command not found.

I also didn't find 'id' by means of

find / -name id

As I understand TRAMP is not able to work without 'id'. Therefore TRAMP is
not suitable for me...

> # uname -a

FreeBSD {hostname} 8.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE #0: Fri Sep 13
21:22:42 PDT 2013 address@hidden:{some/path/} amd64

Here I replaced real hostname by {hostname}.

Best regards,
Andrey