Re: Connect to the ssh and execute any command

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Connect to the ssh and execute any command
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 12:09:55 +0200

Andrey Tykhonov <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael!

Hi Andrey,

> This is not surprise for me as such hosts are very custom. They are not
> sterling FreeBSD. I'm not sure if I can install something there. But
> even I can then I'll be needed to install these things again, again and
> again, because such hosts has very short life, they reinstalls very
> often, from the scratch, from template which I'm not able to change...

I see. However, Tramp is not fixed to use `id' and nothing else. It
needs `id' to recognize the user's uid and gid. If you could tell me,
what the counterparts of the respective commands are on the remote host,
I could teach Tramp to use them. Tramp needs to call the following
commands, which would require a replacement:

# id -u
# id -un
# id -g
# id -gn