Re: tramp remote shell history

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: tramp remote shell history
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 10:47:15 +0100

Hi Guillaume,

somehow I let your email sit in my inbox for a long time :-( Let me copy the tramp-devel mailing list, they might have other ideas. I'm a little out of touch with Tramp.

The shell connection established by Tramp is not intended for interactive use. The idea is that Tramp itself uses it in the background to transfer the files and to get a list of directories for filename completion and suchlike. So from that perspective, I think shell history is not needed -- the Emacs built-in history of C-x C-f and the like should be sufficient.

But maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to do.

Kai