Re: tramp (2.2.12); Retrieve of links attributes with stat fail when lin

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.2.12); Retrieve of links attributes with stat fail when link contains two slashes.
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 14:51:46 +0200

Pierre Téchoueyres <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Pierre,

> So patch is at end of this e-mail. But as guessed the shell generated
> command is really *ugly*. See attached file.

Hmm, another idea: what if you take "/////" as mask, instead of "//"? It
is very unlikely that file names with five slashes will appear on a
remote machine.

> This seem's OK. But I haven't found my way to add a test for link with
> double slash in path or for file like '*dummy with "spaces"*'.

I have extended `tramp-test18-file-attributes' for testing symlinks with
double slashes. Play with this (it fails now, as expected, when I don't
apply your patch).

A file like '*dummy with "spaces"*' should be covered in tests
`tramp-test31-special-characters*'.