Re: What could be causing "# Interrupt received in operation"?

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: What could be causing "# Interrupt received in operation"?
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 17:04:15 +0000

> Alex Bennée <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>
> Hi Alex,
>
>> I had a working tramp setup with my box but at some point it broke,
>> possibly with an update to emacs-26.1. Sometimes it starts working again
>> but I haven't been able to detect a pattern, currently it is hard
>> broken. I keep seeing a lot of these messages as it attempts to connect:
>
> With partial information I have no chance to analyze. Please rerun your
> test, preferred starting with "emacs -Q". Set tramp-verbose to 10,
> prior connecting.

I should of known - it was my fault as it worked with -Q. After
bisecting my changes I located it to this:

  (let ((local-mu4e (my-return-path-if-ok
                     "~/src/emacs/mu/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/mu4e/")))
    (setq mu4e-mu-binary (my-return-path-if-ok "~/bin/mu"))
    (add-to-list 'load-path local-mu4e))

Which had a logic fault that it was failing to check local-mu4e before
adding to the load-path. You would think having a nil in your load-path
would cause more complaints overall but no just obscure hard to track
down failures in tramp :-/

Apologies for the noise.

--
Alex Bennée