Re: .emacs.d/tramp proper comment

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson
Subject: Re: .emacs.d/tramp proper comment
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 06:03:10 +0800

MA> 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <address@hidden> writes:

>> This
>> ;; -*- emacs-lisp -*- <19/12/28 09:05:50 /home/jidanni/.emacs.d/tramp>
>> ;; Tramp connection history.  Don't change this file.
>> ;; You can delete it, forcing Tramp to reapply the checks.
>> should perhaps say:   ^after quitting emacs,
>>
>> Else it all comes back again...

MA> Sorry, I don't understand your point. Which scenario do you have in mind?

While using tramp, user discovers this file.
User deletes it according to instructions.
User finishes using tramp and exits emacs.

The next day the user starts emacs and starts using tramp.
Then he looks in this file, and finds all the entries for all the months
ago old connections are all back in the file, as if he never deleted the
file in the first place!