Re: Tramp is operating on host filesystem instead of container filesyste

From: Camden Narzt
Subject: Re: Tramp is operating on host filesystem instead of container filesystem
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 11:00:02 -0600

Using the docker-tramp package from Melpa (installed via package-list-packages)
the file path portion of the completion still shows the files on the host
filesystem, and opens files on the host OS when I write a path manually.

So the Melpa package behaves the same as my cut&paste version, even though the
code is different.

I wasn’t under the impression that the Tramp team had written the emacswiki
code or the melpa package, however when I asked elsewhere for help debugging my
problem, I was told to ask for help here.