Re: Tramp is operating on host filesystem instead of container filesyste

From: Camden Narzt
Subject: Re: Tramp is operating on host filesystem instead of container filesystem
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 09:38:43 -0600

So I started the docker container, and checked it with docker ps, that worked.
I started a fresh emacs with /usr/local/bin/emacs -Q,  and it had obviously not loaded my usual emacs config, so that worked.
I pasted the load library and setq lines into the scratch buffer in the clean emacs and evaluated it (messages buffer confirmed it loaded ok).

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set
Quit
Mark set [3 times]
t [2 times]
Quit [2 times]
Mark set [2 times]

However at that point when I do C-x C-f /doc <TAB> nothing is completed.

If I type out /docker: completely then the rest of the steps work as expected.

So what works from a clean emacs is the inverse of what works with my normal config.

Cam