Re: Tramp hangs when using native openssh on windows 10

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp hangs when using native openssh on windows 10
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 12:20:56 +0200

M J <amoradi@fedoraproject.org> writes:

Hi,

> It appears that tramp hangs when using the windows 10 native openssh.

Well, you're not the first one who reports this. I have no idea, whether
MS's ssh implementation is usable.

I cannot (and won't) test it myself; I don't use MS Windows.

> The only thing I find odd in the debug output of tramp is the following line:
>
> Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.

I recommend to try "sshx" method instead of "ssh".

> Otherwise, the output doesn't stand out to me. I also have to disable tramp's
> ControlMaster options with to get past ssh connection issues, more
> specifically that `getsockname` fails on windows
>
> Here's the full debug output. I'm really hoping I can debug this so I can use
> openssh instead of having to duplicate my configs between putty and ssh:

It doesn't tell too much. Anyway, it isn't a "full debug output". Next
time, please send everything, preferred as attachment.