Re: Emacs unexpectedly stalls on remote image

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Emacs unexpectedly stalls on remote image
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 12:10:36 +0100

Mikhail P <mikpom@fastmail.com> writes:

Hi Mikhail,

> I tried to reproduce the same steps and seems like it did not fix the
> issue.

In which way it isn't fixed? My local tests have shown, that an image in
a remote buffer is resized, after changing window size. Doesn't this
happen to you?

> Attaching debug file and tramp-sh.el after applying the patch.
>
> Also I get the messages:
>
> Error running timer ‘image-fit-to-window’: (file-error "Forbidden
> reentrant call of Tramp")
> File error: Forbidden reentrant call of Tramp [5 times]

This is expected, I see them as well. My patch changes Tramp such a way,
that it prevents timers to run remote commands when they shouldn't. The
error message is the result of the patch; guilty timers must be adapted
to avoid this case.

Until now, they didn't care, and so they have blocked Emacs like in your case.