Re: TRAMP, auth-source and Secret Service API "label" prompt

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: TRAMP, auth-source and Secret Service API "label" prompt
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 10:31:48 -0300

Hi Michael,

On Sat, 06 Feb 2021 at 10:12, Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> wrote:
Hi Gustavo,

And, just so I know, is the fix coming to 27.2, or only to 28+? (No
problem either way, just for me to add a corresponding note in my init
file to revert the workaround.)

No, it won't go to Emacs 27.2. For several reasons:

- The applied patch uses a function, which has been introduced in Emacs
  28 (`format-prompt'). For Emacs 27, this patch would need changes.

- Emacs 27.2 is in pretest. That means, only corrections for blocking or
  regression errors are accepted.

I don't know, whether there will be an Emacs 27.3.

Thanks for clearing that up.

It's all good from my side. The only "risk" I incur with the workaround is that I forget about it, and now it is duly noted in my init file.

Best,
Gustavo.