Re: Tramp with Dired produces unwanted //DIRED// line

From: Felix E. Klee
Subject: Re: Tramp with Dired produces unwanted //DIRED// line
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 21:46:37 +0800

On Sat, 27 Mar 2021 at 16:08, Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de>
wrote:
> So you might adapt your ~/.emacs such a way that Tramp 2.5.0.2 is in
> the load-path, and you might start a new Emacs instance. As a proof of
> concept, try
>
> # emacs -Q -L ~/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.0.2

Thanks for the suggestions, but starting Emacs as above doesn’t help. I
still get the invalid function error.

Also I tried starting Emacs regularly with the following minimized
`~/.emacs` where Tramp 2.5.0.2 is in the `load-path`. Same problem.

    ;; Load Tramp before customization, or otherwise customized
    ;; connection properties are lost later:
    (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.0.2")
    (require 'tramp)

    (custom-set-variables
     ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
     '(tramp-connection-properties
       '(("/ssh:pi@wall\\.lan:" "login-args"
          (("-A")
           ("%c")