Re: Fwd: tramp removes valid recentf files when a remote is unreachable

From: Marc Herbert
Subject: Re: Fwd: tramp removes valid recentf files when a remote is unreachable
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 12:50:21 -0700

> > I configured recentf-auto-cleanup to "never" but tramp does not care
> > about that setting. I also tried various tramp settings but found none
> > that made a difference.
>
> Well, that variable is not intended for this case.

BTW I just noticed the help string of recentf-keep by chance:

The default is to keep readable files.  Remote files are checked
   for readability only in case a connection is established to that
   remote system, otherwise they are kept in the recent list without
   checking their readability.

It seems to work. I tried only with the hooks removed as you suggested.