Re: trouble connecting to davs

From: bermel
Subject: Re: trouble connecting to davs
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 12:40:36 +0100

Unfortunately, with
# env LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 emacs
the issue persists (as already tried before).

For clarification, my issue is:

(file-directory-p org-mobile-directory) returns nil. This directory
check is applied in org-mobile. Due to the return value of nil, org-
mobile stops. The org-mobile-directory is thereby defined as "/davs:xy
.xy@webdav.smartdrive.web.de:/Mobile/"

In Xubuntu 18.04 / Emacs 26.3, the same directory check returns true
and org-mobile is working. In Xubuntu 20.04 Emacs 27.2, it returns nil
and org-mobile is not working.

Maybe it is only about the return value, because the tramp debug
outputs look quite similar to me. I also read somewhere that, with
Ubuntu 20.04, the fuse behaviour was somehow changed (
https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/FUSE/), but probably this is not relevant
at all. I am purely guessing as I have no clue about tramps etc.

Kind regards, bermel