Re: SSH connection failed to connect in eshell

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: SSH connection failed to connect in eshell
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 10:20:47 +0100

Reza Housseini <reza.housseini@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Michael

Hi Reza,

> I'm not sure about the correctness of the commands, but here is the
> output anyway:
>
> ~ $ ssh -V
> OpenSSH_8.8p1, OpenSSL 1.1.1m  14 Dec 2021
> ~ $ ssh -o ControlMaster
> command-line line 0: no argument after keyword "controlmaster"

That's it. OpenSSH has changed the diagnostics, it was "missing argument"
before. I've adapted the check in Tramp, see the appended patch. Pushed
to the Tramp and Emacs repositories.

This change will appear with Emacs 28.1. For now, you can apply the
patch directly to your Tramp sources, or you can install Tramp 2.5.2.2
from GNU ELPA, which is planned to be released still in February.