trans-coord-devel

Re: Make GNUN more user-friendly

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: Re: Make GNUN more user-friendly
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 18:47:48 +0200

Le lundi 02 septembre 2013 à 17:33 +0400, Ineiev a écrit :
> > And what about the recurrent overload of some backbones in the
> Boston
> > area?
>
> I don't think this may add any significant load; there are few active
> translators.

Of course. I was just referring to the fact that the connection speed
drops at times.

> >               DL (Mb/s)               UL (Mb/s)
> > Boston        0,92 and 1.27           0.85

Reminds me that it took me 20min to download 20MB, today around 7 UTC
(3am Boston time!), as compared with 20s now. That's less than 0.15
Mb/s... and it's not the first time. I didn't try to find out what was
limiting.

> If those are Mbits/s, then gzipped PO would upload in a second,
> and the page would download even faster, and typical page size is 10k,
> so the speed shouldn't be an issue in this case.

Agreed, if the speed is uniform. But what I see when the download is
_very_ bad (like this morning) is a stop-and-go kind of thing. It
sometimes hangs for several seconds, if not minutes. It happens with Git
as well as CVS. I wonder whether I am the only one having the problem.

Thérèse