trans-coord-devel

Re: Local install of GNUN does not detect errors (plus typo in mailfail)

From: Dora Scilipoti
Subject: Re: Local install of GNUN does not detect errors (plus typo in mailfail)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 13:55:39 +0100

On 11/9/21 7:39 AM, Ineiev wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 08, 2021 at 08:58:52PM +0100, Dora Scilipoti wrote:

>> ==> checking for xmllint... no <==
>
> The next thing to do is make sure that xmllint is present and
> the PATH variable contains the directory where it's located;

xmllint is in /usr/share/bash-completion/completions

When I run ./configure, make, and make install, I was positioned in
the directory that contains the downloaded and extracted sources:
/home/dora/Scaricati/gnun-1.1. I relied on whatever is default, without
specifying any particular PATH.

Even after reading the instructions in INSTALL and README, it's not
clear to me what I should do to include the directory where xmllint is
located.

Should I cd to /usr/share/bash-completion/completions and run
./configure, make, and make install from there?

 config.log
> may also provide some hints.
xmllint appears twice in config.log:

configure:3980: checking for xmllint
configure:4013: result: no

XMLLINT=''

And this, which looks related to validation:

HAVE_VALIDATION_FALSE=''
HAVE_VALIDATION_TRUE='#'

And this regarding PATHS:

PATH: /usr/local/bin
PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /bin
PATH: /usr/local/games
PATH: /usr/games

(sorry I should've thought of the logs instead of uninstalling >
reintalling!)

--
Dora Scilipoti
gnu.org/education