Re: [VM] delivery status notification

From: Salome Södergran
Subject: Re: [VM] delivery status notification
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 08:34:40 +0200

Uday Reddy <address@hidden> writes:

> On 4/27/2011 8:59 PM, Salome Södergran wrote:
>

>> As far as I can see, vm-pine offers a way to add the request for a
>> notfication but not to respond to such a request which is what I am
>> looking for.
>
> I think vm-rfaddons is the package you need to look at.  I
> misremembered it earlier.

Thank you for the hint. Following the description in vm-rfaddons.el
(which resides in a loaded path) I added the lines

(require 'vm-rfaddons)
(vm-rfaddons-infect-vm)

at the end of my .vm-file, but with no effect whatsoever.
vm-rfaddons.el also says that it has been designed for XEmacs, not
Emacs, which is what I am using.
But actually, I have decided that I can live without return receipts ;-)
It's more likely a problem of and for those requesting return receipts than of
my not being able to send one.

Best, Salome