Re: [VM] stunnel, folders, comment

From: Dave Webb
Subject: Re: [VM] stunnel, folders, comment
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 19:44:34 -0500

On Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 06:32:11 (+0100), Uday S Reddy wrote:
 > Hi Dave,
 >
 > Sorry to see you getting frustrated.  As I menioned in a previous
 > post, I am out travelling but I am taking time off to write back
 > because you seem to be stuck.
Thank you very much for this, your encouragement has kept me trying
to make it work rather than trying another program.

 > for email.  I myself use the Cygwin's stunnel program, which is on my
this was a key item to making it work, the MS binary for stunnel 4.6 kept
hanging and freezing up emacs, eventually reporting failure.
 > I am afraid precision is lacking in your reports.
you are right and I apologize, not really knowing what I should report.

changing from emacs smtp and starttls to msmtp configured to use its own
start tls worked for me.

imap server still seems buggy, this week I'm switching to using the pop
server for gmail instead and things so far are working out ok.

again thanks for the support and by the way this is being sent by emacs-vm

--
Dave Webb
address@hidden