Re: [VM] accent issue with VM

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] accent issue with VM
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 13:02:32 +0100

On 10/5/2011 12:11 PM, address@hidden wrote:

i have a decoding issue with all email
received encoded in multipart :

        boundary=

in that case é becomes é
is there a way to fix it ?

Julian Bradfield recommends this setting:

(setq process-coding-system-alist
      (cons '("lynx" . utf-8) process-coding-system-alist))

But, before you do so, please check what the value of `process-coding-system-alist' is.

I myself don't see this problem. On Linux, my process-coding-system-alist is nil and it works fine. (My Emacs version on Linux is 22.2.1.)

On Windows Cygwin, the variable has some unrelated entries. But lynx output works fine.

Emacs recognizes the coding system in its input as per the Emacs Manual section "26.7 Recognizing Coding Systems". My suspicion is that you are blocking the recognition through some settings of your own.

Cheers,
Uday