Re: [VM] IMAP-SSL with Exchange Server

From: Lewis Perin
Subject: Re: [VM] IMAP-SSL with Exchange Server
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 20:41:56 -0400

Uday Reddy <address@hidden> writes:

>> >So, clearly you need to fix this issue in order to get a clean IMAP session
>> >for VM.
>>
>> For some value of “clean”: this is a warning, but is it consequential?
>
>The warning message is meant for you, not VM!  VM won't know what to do with
>it.  You should create a CYGWIN environment variable with nodosfilewarning
>as its value, and get rid of the warning message.

OK, thanks, I’ve done that.  The warning has vanished, but the password
is still rejected as “incorrect” in the minibuf.

The vm trace buffer now reads:

starting IMAP over SSL session Sun Jun 17 20:22:40 2012
connecting to owa.med.cornell.edu:993
connected
* OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready.^M
VM CAPABILITY^M
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=NTLM AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=PLAIN CHILDREN IDLE
NAMESPACE LITERAL+^M
VM OK CAPABILITY completed.^M
VM LOGIN <parameters omitted>^M
VM NO LOGIN failed.^M
VM LOGOUT^M
* BYE Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 IMAP4 server signing off.^M
VM OK LOGOUT completed.^M

Process IMAP over SSL finished

/Lew
---