Re: [VM] Key bindings from presentation buffer reappears in the reply

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] Key bindings from presentation buffer reappears in the reply
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 21:16:26 +0100

Göran Uddeborg writes:

> When I do vm-reply-include-text, it appears this keymap is applied
> also to the reply to be edited.  If I happen to type return inside the
> URL when editing the reply, I will go to that URL rather than insert a
> newline as I would have expected.  I think I've been hit by other keys
> behaving in unexpected ways too, though I'm not sure.

Yes, it is a bug.  But it is not easy to fix because the included text is
now generated by the same code that generates the Presentation buffer.  Thus
the URL's are "energized".  So, don't hit RETURN over them.

The keymap issue is more likely the problem of turning on w3m-mode.  It
has been around for a while:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/vm/+bug/587181

Can somebody take a look?  It merely involves tuning the w3m-mode
appropriately inside replies.

Cheers,
Uday