[VM] emacs-w3m on Emacs 24

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: [VM] emacs-w3m on Emacs 24
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 21:47:12 +0000

I have this problem with Emacs 24.

If I run VM, along with emacs-w3m as the text/html viewer, then any file I
visit from then on seems to get loaded in "literally", i.e., non-ASCII
characters appear as octets and DOS line-endings appear as ^M's.   The
variable `enable-multibyte-characters' is nil in all new buffers.

I am trying to see if anybody else is observing this problem?  If so, please
let me know if it occurring on Unix systems as well as Windows.

Cheers,
Uday