[VM] vm-pcrisis

From: Jay Borkenhagen
Subject: [VM] vm-pcrisis
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 22:13:47 -0500

Hi,

I only recently subscribed viewmail-info, but I've been using VM since
the Kyle Jones days.  Most recently I had been using vm-7.18 with
vm-pcrisis 0.85 beta -- still with only Rob Hodges's name on it. :-)

I'm now trying to bring my VM environment more up-to-date with
vm-8.2.0b and its vm-pcrisis, but I'm having difficulty with the
vm-pcrisis set-up.

I think what I'm looking to do should be pretty straightforward.  I
want to be prompted for one of my two profiles every time I begin to
compose a mail message regardless of whether it's a new message, a
reply, anything.  I would also like my profiles name to auto-complete,
so I can select "work" with just "w RET" and braeburn with just "b
RET".

With the config below in my .vm file I am getting prompted but
only for newmail, and the auto-complete requires TAB.

Sorry for the cry for help, but I've been messing with the set-up and
reading 'info vm-pcrisis' for quite a while now, and I don't feel like
I'm getting closer.  Thanks in advance for your help!

                                           Jay B.

(require 'vm-pcrisis)

(setq vmpc-conditions
      '(
        ("condition that's always true"
         't
         )))

(setq vmpc-actions
      '(
        ("work"
         (vmpc-substitute-header "From" "Jay Borkenhagen <address@hidden>")
         (vmpc-substitute-header "Reply-To" "Jay Borkenhagen <address@hidden>")
         )

        ("braeburn"
         (vmpc-substitute-header "From" "Jay Borkenhagen <address@hidden>")
         (vmpc-substitute-header "Reply-To" "Jay Borkenhagen <address@hidden>")
         )

        ("prompt for a profile"
         (vmpc-prompt-for-profile)
         )
        )
      )

(setq vmpc-action-alist
      '(
        ("condition that's always true" "prompt for a profile")
        )
      )

(setq vmpc-newmail-alist
      '(
        ("condition that's always true" "prompt for a profile")
        )
      )

(setq vmpc-replies-alist
      '(
        ("condition that's always true" "prompt for a profile")
        )
      )

;;; END pcrisis stuff