Re: [VM] vm-visit-imap-folder problem in 8.2.0b

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] vm-visit-imap-folder problem in 8.2.0b
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 14:17:03 +0000

John Stoffel writes:

> That works once I'm in the folder and have successfully
> authenticated.  But if I start up, and do NOT have my imap folder
> accessed at all, then doing M-x vm-visit-imap-folder doesn't ask for my
> password at all.  I have to do M-x vm-list-imap-folders, then it asks
> me interactively.

Oh, I didn't realize that you were expecting it to ask for a password
*before* you have even specified an IMAP folder.  It won't.  You will need
to specify which IMAP folder you are trying to access so that it knows what
password to ask.

And, the IMAP folder has to be specifed in the format account:mailbox.

If you are just trying to get to your default INBOX, then please set
vm-primary-inbox.  Then M-x vm is all that you need to type in.

Cheers,
Uday