Re: [VM] vmpc and bbdb3

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] vmpc and bbdb3
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 04:03:42 +0100

Rene writes:

> I've been using bbdb3 for quite some time now.  Things are working pretty
> well so far except for a full integration with vm-pcrisis.el.

That is good, but is that the experience universally?  I still see some data
corruption bug reports on the mailing list.

> Has anyone fixed vm-pcrisis.el in order to comply with bbdb3?

I can't yet compile BBDB3 on Win XP.  BBDB 2 used to compile under Cygwin
fine.  The last time I successfully compiled the new BBCB, about a year ago,
I could compile it under MinGW.  But, now, it is not compiling under MinGW
either.

But I am also not sure what reasons there are for switching to BBDB3.  It
seems to do the same things as BBDB 2, less reliably, and in an incompatible
way.  It only works with Gnu Emacs 23+ (no XEmacs), and doesn't have a
manual.  That doesn't sound like it is ready for a switch yet.

Cheers,
Uday