Re: [VM] vm-save-buffer

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: [VM] vm-save-buffer
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 23:31:53 +0100

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 16:17:24 -0500
"John Stoffel" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm in the middle of starting to deploy dovecot and IMAP for all my
> mails, just so I can read them on my phone as well as inside VM.  But
> I'm starting to think I just need to move to mutt and rebind most of
> it's key bindings to reflect my VM experience.
>
> I'd hate to do it, ...

Same here. On the Linux desktop I switched to claws-mail and I must
say that the switch caused less problems than I thought. Since claws-mail
is sufficiently different from Emacs/VM there's little confusion in key
bindings and such. Muscle memory doesn't get in the way :) .
I use emacs (via emacsclient) as external editor when needed.

I still use VM to maintain my collection of legacy mbox files.

-- Johan