Re: [VM] Time to move to Mutt?

From: Mark Diekhans
Subject: Re: [VM] Time to move to Mutt?
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 20:09:06 -0400

While I have some frustration with VM, it continues to be a
powerful and useful client.  I haven't found a good replacement.

VM suffers from the interrelated problems of only one main developer, a
small user base and a lack of visibility.

If VM is going to continue to exist, I feel we need to develop a more
active user and developer community.  It would be great to hear some ideas
on how to accomplish this.

One thought is that launchpad is not the best environment for
loose collaborations. Either mirroring on github or moving there
completely would make it easier for contributions.

VM could use an informative web site,

   https://www.nongnu.org/viewmail/

doesn't inspire someone want to try it.

I have plans to make a VM package. but haven't gotten to it yet :-(

We can't just expect Uday to do everything.  Even if someone
isn't an e-lisp programmer, there is a lot that needs to be done
that doesn't require code.

Mark