www-zh-cn-translators

Re: [GNUCTT] questions about contributing translation

From: Fanxi Li
Subject: Re: [GNUCTT] questions about contributing translation
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 00:51:54 +0000

Welcome to join the group.

GNU CTT is mainly focusing on translating the web pages of gnu.org. Although it's also our responsibility to translate GNU software, such work has never been done in recent years.

Please refer to http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/translations/zh-cn/workflow.zh-cn.html to understand the workflow of GNU CTT. Basically, you need first to announce in the mailing list that you are going to work some item to avoid conflict and duplicated work, then get the pot file from www group CVS repository and translate it, check in the translated po file in to CTT CVS and request for review in the mailing list. After reviewing, CTT coordinator will upload the translation to www group CVS to get it published on gnu.org